Corporate Property Services are the councils in house team of surveyors and engineers, providing a professional consultancy style service to a wide range of clients. The M&E team manage contracts supplying planned maintenance and capital works projects across the full range of the council’s property portfolio, with an emphasis on statutory compliance.
About the role
The role of mechanical engineer will involve a wide and varied range of duties. These include the management of contractors supplying PPM works, specifying, tendering and managing installation projects, condition surveys, feasibility studies and other M&E related functions. Work volumes are consistently high and client expectations are equally so. The post holder will have to work with the minimum of supervision, operating their own work diary of appointments and will need to be able to prioritise their workload in order to meet the teams service delivery plan.
The following experience is required for this role:
- You will require demonstrable experience in contract management within the mechanical / HVAC field.
- You will have experience of preparing PPM schedules and the requirements of SFG 20.
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal, with strong organisational skills.
- A positive attitude and the ability to resolve problems and provide cost effective and timely solutions with the minimum of supervision.
- Previous experience working with school clients is desirable, as is working in theatres, libraries and other types of civic buildings.
- A current driving licence is essential and you will need to provide a vehicle for work use.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact: email@example.com
Closing Date: 13th June 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Interview format: Will be a question & answer panel (of two or three) with the interview based on the Job Description and the details within this advert.
The interview will last for approximately 1hr.
There will be a written ‘scenario’ based test lasting no more than 30 mins.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.