Play a critical role in the effective delivery of the council’s Public Health service and Covid response, ensuring that residents and staff are kept safe, improving their health and wellbeing and reducing health inequalities.
We want Bracknell Forest to be the one of the healthiest place to live, work, study and play, providing all the residents with the opportunities to be happy and healthy. We will achieve this by taking a health in all policies approach with a focus on reducing health inequalities and as part of the Public Health Team you will be central to achieving this vision. Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a small but ambitious public health team that are not only supported within our organisation but by the wider East Berkshire Public Health system. We are extremely agile and receptive to change but team members really feel inspired within their roles to deliver and can clearly see the difference they are making to our local residents and customers.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Bracknell Forest is appointing a Public Health Programme Officer to join our team of other Public Health Practitioners who will have a range of complementary experience and skills. This Programme Officer will be responsible for leading on the design, development and evaluation of a range of key Public Health work streams, which will include budget management, management of staff and reporting to senior officers and committees.
- The Programme Officer will specifically lead on Health Protection and will provide accurate and timely expert advice on health protection and outbreak management in line with national and local policy and local Covid outbreak management plans and wider health protection processes and approaches.
- This role will also be expected to lead across East Berkshire on other specific areas of public health expertise, providing strategic guidance and coordination to all Public Health teams across East Berkshire.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Making a difference to the health and wellbeing of all of those living, working and visiting Bracknell Forest.
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for a Public Health specialist with specialist subject matter expertise in health protection and the management of outbreaks.
Wider public health skills and experience including: a working knowledge of the principles of epidemiology and experience of analysing data and handling datasets; needs assessment and programme evaluation; implementing policy into local action; and working with multiple organisations is essential.
Understanding of Covid-19 outbreak prevention and management and public health law is also desirable.
Interviews will be held on 30th June 2021
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Consultant in Public Health
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.