Housing Graduate Scheme - 2 year programme
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people. We have big ambitions and believe that we can help tackle the Housing Crisis by building as many homes as we can.
- Manage over 7,000 homes
- Have an annual turnover of £90 million
- Operate 80 care and support services
- Have over 1,000 dedicated staff
We have a fantastic opportunity for two graduates to join our highly successful graduate training scheme from September 2021.
We`re looking for individuals who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
About the role
You`ll receive an effective grounding in a charitable housing association through a two year intensive programme. It is designed to give you a broad and diverse experience of how Hightown works, where you can look forward to contributing to the delivery of our vision and values.
From day one, you`ll enjoy an incredibly varied learning experience by working with experts across many disciplines on a number of different placements including project management and customer service. You`ll experience Hightown hands-on and you`ll be given the responsibility to take ownership of real projects which will make a difference.
Who we are looking for
We`re looking for someone who:
- Can demonstrate enthusiasm and a `can do` attitude
- Has good verbal and numerical reasoning
- Has excellent communication and report writing skills
- Is able to demonstrate good time management and the ability to prioritise workload
- Is a car driver and has access to a vehicle
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has recently left university or who is due to graduate in Summer 2021 and is seeking a career where you can make a real difference.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact Samantha Culverhouse, Recruitment Manager on 01442 292277 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £21,000pa for a 35 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
We are currently working on plans to safely re-open our offices in Hemel Hempstead. All candidates must be able to commute to our office in Hemel Hempstead on four days each week once the offices do re-open