Deliver great value for residents.
Get great prospects for your career.
We want to help our residents by making it easy to find information and transact online. We want to build services online that people prefer to use. We need your help to achieve this and to help us to deliver exceptional services online. Along the way, you’ll have the support and training you need. We’ll help you to be at your best, so we can be at ours.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
Every day is different in Digital Services - there are always new and exciting challenges to explore. We are constantly exploring new ways to enhance the customer experience. We enjoy working together in the team to meet these challenges and supporting each other to deliver effective new solutions. We are always innovative and positive about what we do as we know that we can make a positive difference.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
As a Digital Development Officer you will help us to build applications and services through our Low code platform. You will be provided with full training and will develop expert knowledge of the low code platform, working with 2 other Digital Development Officers to develop new applications and services.
You will manage development work and projects, working with service teams and external suppliers to:
- Maintain, extend and enhance existing corporate applications.
- Develop integrations between key corporate systems using standard APIs, web services or other methods.
- Contribute to the delivery of projects in an agile environment, ensuring all development projects are successfully completed.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
You must be a dynamic and fantastic team player, possess excellent communication skills and be committed to continually improving services. You must also be motivated by the challenge of delivering significant customer and business benefits across the council.
Interview will be held on 16th July 2021.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Colin Stenning, Head of Digital
tel. 01344 351221
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.