Financial Reporting Adviser
Salary: £31,054 London office based / £28,397 non-London per annum
Full time, Permanent
Location: London/outside of London
Are you interested in joining an organisation playing a vital role in the democratic process? It has been a busy time at the Electoral Commission, with significant electoral events having taken place recently. Now is a really exciting time to be joining The Electoral Commission and an opening has arisen for a Financial Reporting Adviser to join the Registration and Reporting Team in the Regulation Directorate.
You will be working on the delivery of proactive and reactive advice to political parties and other campaigners in relation to political finance. Advising on reporting deadlines and statutory reports ensuring these are submitted to the Commission on time. You will be assisting with the logging and publishing of the statutory returns and analysing this information for compliance with political party and election legislation.
- You will have experience of working with financial data and an ability to identify difficulties in reported data.
- You will have experience of handling the collation and presentation of data with a number of different requirements for different systems.
- You will have excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- You will be an excellent planner with experience within a highly scheduled role with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
More information and how to apply
We offer excellent terms and conditions, including flexible working hours and the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension (dependent on scheme rules).
We would like to continuously increase the diversity of our employees. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates are particularly welcomed.
The closing date for applications is 23rd June at 23:59.
Interviews will take place Week Commencing 28th June 2021.
We will be using video conferencing tools for the interviews. We will confirm details with shortlisted candidates.
You can apply for this role online with a supporting statement showing how you meet the criteria in the job description.