Starting August/September 2021
37 hours per week over 43 weeks per year
8am – 4pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am –3.30pm Friday
Grade 7 £24,491 - £27,741 (Pro-rata £23,193 - £26,271)
Reporting to the Strategic Business Manager, this role is responsible for the effective operational management and administration of the schools finance team and systems. This work includes a broad range of tasks including
- Managing all purchasing and income streams including grants, bursary, lettings, music tuition, trips, catering and the school managed bus provision.
- Assisting internal budget holders with day-to-day queries, monitoring expenditure and producing regular reports to ensure the effective management of school resources.
- Administration of the school’s online payments facility.
- Responsible for managing the unofficial School Fund and preparing the annual accounts for auditing.
- Assisting the Business Manager in drafting the annual school budget and monitoring income and expenditure throughout the financial year.
- Dealing with various school stakeholders including staff, students, parents, suppliers and third party organisations.
- Ensuring that detailed financial records, documentation and working papers are maintained and compliant with financial control rules and regulations.
Strong organisational skills are essential, together with excellent communication and ICT skills, particularly in the use of MS Excel and financial systems. Previous school finance experience would be advantageous, although not crucial. Your ability to work efficiently and accurately, with attention to detail and ability to prioritise is also essential.
Please refer to attached job description and people specification, also available from our school website https://st-nicholas.cheshire.sch.uk/
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd June 2021, 5pm