We are looking to strengthen our Procurement & Contracts team with an exceptional individual who is commercially minded and has an excellent knowledge and understanding of the public procurement legislation.
You will be part of a growing and ambitious team of people who work together to make a positive difference for our communities and who are passionate about achieving improvements and exploring new ideas to increase efficiencies and maximise best value for the Council. The team supports procurement activity covering a broad range of categories, including IT, social care, public health, transport, capital projects and many others.
Reporting to the Procurement and Contracts Manager, this role is key to driving the development of a commissioning and procurement best practice framework and subsequent implementation, as well as supporting key commercial projects and managing strategic corporate contracts. You will be involved in the procurement of variety of projects, providing procurement and contract management advice and guidance, reviewing and developing the Council’s procurement rules and procedures, promoting best commercial practice and developing the Council’s Centre of Excellence for Procurement. The scope of this role may also include managing traded services contracts, which would typically involve liaising with numerous contractors, internal and external stakeholders such as schools and site mamanegrs.
Procurement and contract management experience is essential for this role. We are looking for an individual who is:
- commercially minded with knowledge and excellent understanding of the public procurement legislation;
- has excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
- has experience and excellent understanding of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and relevant public procurement guidance and policy notes published by the Crown Commercial Service;
- able to promote and improve commercial services provided to third parties/external stakeholders;
- able to provide clear procurement guidance and contract management advice to support procuring officers and senior managers across the Council;
- able to build and maintain robust relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- experienced in managing strategically important, complex procurements in the public sector, including but not limited to experience of make versus buy decisions, effective market shaping, market engagement and commercial negotiation with proven results;
- line management and budget management experience;
It would be desirable to have:
- experience in procuring IT category services and goods
- good understanding of social value, in particular climate change actions and related services/activities
- relevant professional qualification, such as Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, or a recognised business qualification - preferrably Level 4 CIPS or higher.
- strong IT skills, specifically in PowerPoint and Excel, plus e-sourcing software and SQL
Closing date: 11pm, 11th July 2021
Interviews: w/c 19th July 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Valentina Velcheva on Valentina.Velcheva@wokingham.gov.uk
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunity employer.