Mile Oak Primary School is seeking to appoint a highly skilled and passionate teacher to join our teaching team.
Mile Oak Primary School is a large school in Portslade with 483 pupils on roll. We are currently on a rapidly improving school journey where we are supporting each other to drive school improvement. As a school we believe that it is our collective responsibility to ensure that every child thrives and succeeds.
Our children demonstrate excellent behaviours for learning and are consistently challenged by the exciting opportunities and creative curriculum that we offer. The School would expect you to share our core vision of thinking big and the school values of ambition, courage, pride and respect. We would want the successful candidate to be fully involved in the life of the whole school.
Paid weeks per year: 52
Fixed term: Until 31st August 2022
Start date: September 2021
About the role
We are looking for:
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of learning and behaviour.
- A commitment to improving standards of teaching and learning across the whole school.
- An excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum with a clear understanding of how to implement this on a daily basis within the setting.
- A person to play a proactive role in the life and ethos of the whole school.
- A commitment to inclusion and safeguarding practices.
- A passion for working with the local community and developing wider partnerships.
- A well organised individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- A practitioner to lead a curriculum area of responsibility
In turn we offer you:
- An excellent range of professional development opportunities.
- An incredibly hard-working, friendly and supportive staff team.
- A positive, exciting and motivated school environment.
- Enthusiastic children with a real desire to learn and be inspired.
- An engaging outdoor learning environment with weekly forest school sessions
At this time, visits to the school are not possible but if you wish to have a telephone conversation or zoom meeting with the leadership team about the role and the school, please contact the School Business Manager via the email address email@example.com to arrange this.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 25th June
Interview date: Week commencing 28th June
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Graham Avenue, Portslade, BN41 2WN, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 294880
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.