Salary: £40,829 - £45,812
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Fixed-term until 31 March 2022
The Recruitment Manager needs to deliver an excellent customer experience by identifying opportunities to improve the hiring and onboarding experience for candidates, and ensuring as a company we provide a consistently good approach for everyone.
The post-holder will be responsible for managing end-to-end recruitment processes for Slough Children First, working closing with hiring managers and recruitment partners to achieve this and ensure compliance with all recruitment activity.
You will work on recruitment projects to build a high quality recruitment process which is timely and effective and which you will embed across the Company.
You will support the drive to make Slough Children First a place where people want come and work
- Progress recruitment projects to ensure best practice and compliance for recruitment in Slough.
- Champion across the company an effective and timely recruitment process, ensuring all managers especially new managers are aware of and correctly follow recruitment processes including interviews.
- Ensure there is a good on-boarding process for new starters which includes a company and local induction applicable to their role.
- Ensure there is clear consideration of every aspect of equality, diversity and inclusion in all recruitment activity.
- Undertake recruitment campaigns and recruitment activity which may include both UK and international recruitment.
- Ensure the timely and accurate collection, reporting and analysis of recruitment data, using the information to inform all attraction, recruitment and on-boarding activity and the refinement of these processes.
- Ensure suppliers meet contractual and service level agreement obligations ensuring value for money and quality is achieved at all times.
- Liaise with managers across the company to enable effective and timely workforce planning and vacancy management.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant legislation in relation to the recruitment of permanent and agency staff across the company including Safer Recruitment.
- Manage a small recruitment team, setting clear goals and accountabilities in a supportive and enabling way to achieve results.
Education, Training & Experience
- Demonstrative experience of the high volume recruitment of staff into an organisation or a similar role (Essential)
- Experience of running HR and / or recruitment projects (Essential)
- Degree level qualification. CIPD or equivalent relevant qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of recruitment in a public sector environment (Desirable)
- Project Management qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of line management (Essential)
General & Specific Knowledge
- Knowledge of employment law covering all permanent and agency staff (Essential)
- Strong understanding of recruitment strategies and processes (Essential)
- Strong people management experience with the ability to lead, mentor and coach individuals according to their learning style (Essential)
- A proven ability to be able to review systems, identify and make required improvements and test their effectiveness (Essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with the ability to build good relationships with and communicate effectively to a wide range of people (Essential)
- Possesses a positive and proactive attitude with good decision making skills with the ability to problem solve (Essential)
- Possess a strong work ethic and initiative, with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload independently using excellent organisational and project management skills (Essential)
- Ability to maintain attention to detail in a fast paced recruitment environment (Essential)
- Ability to maintain effective databases which support the collection, analysis and reporting of performance information against KPIs (Essential)
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Essential)
- Understands and demonstrates commitment to human rights, equality, diversity and inclusion and their practical application (Essential)