We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Development team is friendly, knowledgeable and we love what we do. We are proud of our expertise and passionate about the high-quality service we deliver to all of our customers.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Development team as a Technical Manager
Our Development team sits at the heart of our vision to provide places to call home, with an aim to deliver 5000 homes over ten years. We are responsible for the acquisition, delivery and sales of new-build properties across London and the South East.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Technical Manager in Camden. This role is currently home-based. However, going forward, One Housing will be introducing hybrid working. Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical support for all elements of the design and pre-construction process post-acquisition until start of construction, including design review, construction review and product specification to maximise returns on schemes, optimise build cost and quality.
- Assess and provide formal feedback on Reviewable Design Data (RDD) for compliance, buildability and OH design and quality standards and objectives.
- Manage consultant, contractor and legal frameworks and assist in appointment, programme and scope.
- Develop and maintain the Design Brief, Employers Requirements and technical specification. Regularly update these in accordance with current technical standards, and to meet the requirements of external and internal stakeholders.
- Issue Development Bulletins in relation to changes in regulations and business requirements.
- Serve as internal technical consultant at all stages of new development from acquisition to latent defects.
- Maintain and issue a suite of One Housing contractual documents.
- Produce policy and regulatory consultation responses.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
- Proven track record in pre-construction management and delivery of high-quality new build and / or regeneration schemes.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of pre-construction optimisation and risk management throughout design development, construction review, planning and technical proposals with principle knowledge of quality new build housing and innovative construction techniques.
- Competent in architecture, sustainability and building technology.
- Contribute to a team environment of mutual motivation and support, enabling swift resolution of issues.
- Experience of relevant legislation and statutory requirements and processes, and how to comply with them.
- Knowledge of the housing sector and the overall development process
- Success in delivering complex negotiations to obtain best value for the organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of ensuring that schemes deliver value for money - considering budgetary and financial constraints as well as business constraints.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £50 - £55,000
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Development team.