The Governors of Carlton Hill Primary School are looking to appoint an:
Individual Needs Assistant (TA Level B)
To support pupils with Education Health & Care Plans, working on a 1:1 basis or in small groups (in Key Stage 2 - starting in Year 4)
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
08.45 - 13.15 Monday to Friday
Fixed term: Until 31st August 2022
Start date: 1st September 2021
About the role
Carlton Hill is a vibrant, inclusive and welcoming inner city primary school that celebrates its cultural diversity. We are a one form entry school with 215 pupils currently on roll.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in primary schools.
- Ideally, we are looking for someone with previous experience working in a school setting, in Key Stage 2.
- An organised and flexible approach to working
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team supporting 1 or more pupils with high needs,
- Energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humour
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- Experience of working in a diverse and stimulating school.
- Effective support with relevant training and professional development.
- A warm welcome to a professional, highly skilled and motivated staff team.
Closing date: 9am, Thursday 1st July
Interview date: Wednesday 7th July
Visits to the school are encouraged, following Covid guidelines at the time. Where possible, these will take place outside as much as possible. Visitors will be sent Covid safety information in advance and will be asked to complete a Covid Visitor Questionnaire.
There are opportunities to do this at the following times:
Tues 22nd June 3-4 pm
Thur 24th 1.30-4pm
Fri 25th June 1.30-3.30
Weds 30th 2-4pm
Please contact the School Office to book for this: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 604966.
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Sussex Street, Brighton, BN2 9HS, email: email@example.com
School Office: (01273) 604966
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.