Job Title: Community Liaison Officer
Reporting to: Head of Projects and Safeguarding
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £18k - £20k
Place of Work: Kent
We are the leading provider of specialist homelessness accommodation services to the South East, and we are searching for new staff looking to develop their career in Housing. If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a vibrant established company, then this your chance to make a difference in many local communities and broaden your Housing career’s horizons. This exciting new role will involve you assisting local homeless households across Kent. Your main aim will be to provide support to clients housed within our accommodation with referrals and signposting to relevant agencies. You will be a positive presence in and around the community, responding to the accommodation needs of the residents and ensuring we have gone the extra mile.
Duties will include:
- Travelling between households of temporary accommodation across Kent to meet the operational needs of the business.
- Providing light support to clients and signposting/referring to relevant agencies as appropriate.
- Room inspections and welfare checks on clients.
- Maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of the communal areas to shared accommodation.
- Reporting any repairs or safeguarding issues to the relevant teams within Paramount.
- A caring and compassionate approach
- Undertaking risk management alongside clients to assess their strengths and areas where they require support.
- Providing light support to clients, undertaking the role of advocate when required and signposting to relevant agencies.
- Maintain clear, professional boundaries, while promoting client’s independence and meaningful community presence.
- Ability to work with vulnerable adults with occasional complex needs.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with partner organisations, external agencies and relevant voluntary and statutory agencies and individuals over a wide range of issues affecting our clients.
- Housing/Homelessness (or similar) experience (but not essential)
- Good timekeeping skills.
- The ability to think on your feet.
- Computer Literate.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of support and communication within the service, ensuring confidentiality.
- An understanding of client confidentiality and Data Protection Regulations.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
- A full driver’s license.
Company incentives and schemes:
- 28 days paid annual leave.
- Nest pension scheme
- Full uniform, work mobile phone and laptop.
- Company car (including fuel card)
- Other benefits within package.
Experience would be an advantage but not essential as all training will be given.
You must be an excellent communicator, have good customer service skills and have a friendly and helpful approach.
The hours can be flexible, but you may occasionally be required to work occasional weekends or until 8pm in the evening (Notice would be given in advance).
All equipment and clothing are provided. You must pass a DBS check and be a UK citizen or free to work in the UK. Evidence of this will be requested.