Lead Housing Services in Bracknell. Your plans will shape our future.
Lots of organisations say you can make a difference. Here, everything we do is about impact and changing lives for the better. For us, housing is about more than bricks and mortar - it can mean safety, security, being able to put down roots, live independently with dignity, better health, and a place for families to thrive. Preventing homelessness and helping our customers to sustain or access decent and affordable housing is our driving focus.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Early Help and Communities and working closely with senior managers across the Council, you will form part of a small, passionate senior management team.
We’re non-hierarchical, we plan ahead, have political stability and embrace new approaches. We have strong teams and excellent manager relationships. We’re proud of the services we provide. But we’re always looking to do more. Together, we make big things happen, but we’re also focused on the smaller things that make all the difference.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
You will and provide clear, visible and motivational leadership for our Housing Services, ensuring the delivery of high quality responsive services, including management of our:
- Temporary accommodation - ensuring proper asset management and compliance with Health and Safety regulations
- Housing Options and rough sleeper services - ensuring a proactive approach to the prevention of homelessness and ensuring effective pathways for vulnerable cohorts to access the right housing and support at the right time
- The Housing Register and Allocations service
- Increasing access to private rented sector housing to enable the Council to discharge our duty to homeless households
- The Disabled Facilities Grants team – ensuring effective use of the capital budget to enable customers to remain living independently in their own home with dignity
You will drive an organisational culture which is positive, forward-thinking, responsive to change, performance driven and customer focused and in which staff are valued and encouraged to contribute to the development of service improvements
The benefits you will experience are...
- Flexible working opportunities
- A great office location right next to travel links and the regenerated town centre, with plenty of car parking
- Regular opportunities for development
- An inclusive and social working environment
What We're looking for...
- A skilled and resourceful senior manager, with extensive recent experience of managing all aspects of housing operational work in a local Authority setting
- Extensive knowledge of the housing operating environment, including national policy, legislation, statutory guidance and good practice.
- A track record of delivering service improvements and change
- Great negotiation skills to bring individuals and teams together and drive partnership and collaboration, and
- The ability to make connections across services and agendas to deliver the best outcomes for the community
Interview date: Monday 2nd August 2021
Want to ask a question? If you have any queries or to arrange an informal discussion about the role email:
Assistant Director Early Help and Communities