Planning & Building Control Support Officer
Be First Regeneration Ltd – Working in partnership with LBBD
Barking – Remote
£24,000 - £26,000 (Grade 8)
o Accurate receipting, recording, and validating Planning and Building Control applications
o Planning and Building Control record management and maintenance
o Administration of Planning Appeals
o Administration of the Planning and Building Control services email inbox.
o Overseeing receipt of payments and refunds to/from customers
The detailed ad should then include our corporate logo and link to apply via our website.
Be First is a pioneering urban regeneration company wholly owned by, but operating independently of, the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (LBBD). Its mission is to accelerate growth and capitalise on the borough’s position as London’s hottest investment and development opportunity.
We are a developer and property consultancy, and provide planning and other statutory functions for LBBD. We also work with commercial partners who share our core values of delivering high quality development which benefits local people. The financial return that we generate is reinvested back into providing key council services.
The Planning & Building Control Team has undergone significant transformational change, with the intention of delivering a commercially astute, pragmatic and professional planning super service. These roles sit within Development Management and you will work closely across both Planning and Building Control Teams.
We are seeking to appoint a Planning & Building Control Support Officer (this could be a graduate role) within a fast-paced Development Management Team which is providing a best nationally level of performance. You will need to be able to demonstrate a keen interest or basic knowledge of town planning and/or Building Control regulations, have outstanding organisation, be solutions led and have excellent customer service skills.
Key responsibilities for all roles will be (but are not limited to):
- Accurate receipting, recording, and validating Planning and Building Control applications
- Planning and Building Control record management and maintenance
- Administration of Planning Appeals
- Administration of the Planning and Building Control services email inbox.
- Overseeing receipt of payments and refunds to/from customers
KEY SKILLS and OUTCOMES
Ideally, we are looking for an individual who:
- Is able to demonstrate a keen interest or basic knowledge of town planning and/or Building Control regulations or the built environment
- Contributes to a results-orientated, customer-focused working culture that embraces a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Is a motivated, self-starter with a willingness to learn.
- Has a keen attention to detail whilst being flexible and solutions driven.
- Is a team player who works effectively with others.
- Has good IT skills.
FURTHER JOB DETAILS
£24,000 - £26,000 + benefits and 30 days annual leave entitlement
Right now, we are working from home and are committed to provide remote and flexible working arrangements on an ongoing basis. Our office is at Maritime House, Barking.
In order to apply, please submit to lauren.tipple@befirst.London by 11th July 2021 your CV supported by a separate covering letter of no more than 400 words outlining your motivation for applying and highlighting how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role.
Please note applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Be First reserves the right to end this recruitment early if a suitable candidate presents themselves.