Extra-Curricular Activities Coordinator
Salary: WA SCP 18 to 22 (£24,982 to £27,041)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm with some evening and weekend working.
Start date: September 2021
Closing date: 27 July 2021
“Education is Success”
An opportunity to work in the only non-private Academy in London that offers both International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes at KS5
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. The Academy has gained national recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, and its aspirational and inclusive mission and ethos. Our longstanding 1:1 device programme allows WA to thrive as both an onsite and remote learning environment. As a member of the collaborative WA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of colleagues who are committed to continued professional growth and improvement of the student experience.
Extra Curricular Activities
Westminster Academy offers an extensive variety of extra-curricular activities as part of our school life. Our clubs and activities help students to make friends, learn independently and increase confidence. Westminster Academy is a leader in Outdoors Education and our Year 7, 8, and 12 cohorts all participate in exciting residential programmes.
We are looking for a candidate who is able to organise, publicise and manage the extra-curricular opportunities across the school and the sports programme in liaison with the relevant Directors of Learning for each department. If you are passionate about using your skills to improve standards and make a difference to the lives of young people, Westminster Academy would like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic and hard-working.
- Have a passion that inspires our students, and a diligent approach to managing risks and logistics.
- Flexibility is a must, as the role will involve spending time on expeditions/camps.
- Share our belief that everyone can benefit from and has an entitlement to high quality educational opportunities
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
- A commitment to staff well-being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events, Perkbox membership with associated benefits
- Great travel links
- A very supportive Senior Leadership Team
How to apply:
For further details and an application form, please click here: Vacancies
Please send your completed application forms to: email@example.com CVs are not acceptable.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.