Economic Development Officer
Salary range from £33,782 to £37,890 (Fixed term to the end of March 2023)
Wokingham Borough Council is seeking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic, innovative individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, who has the leadership skills required to develop and project manage the Council’s work to support sustainable economic growth. The post-holder will have a key role in delivering the Council’s ‘COVID Recovery Plan’ and mitigating the negative impact of the pandemic on businesses and the economy across the Borough, including management of a newly formed business engagement team. The post-holder will also help shape and deliver a new medium-term Economic Development Strategy to guide the work of the Council and partner agencies over the next 5 years.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
To work on and project manage initiatives relating to the local Covid-19 economic recovery programme.
- Development and management of a new business engagement team, including development of business facing events and networking programme.
To provide support to the development and delivery of the Council’s Economic Development Strategy
To facilitate effective working relationships with partners both within and outside the Council to ensure that effective communication is in place and joint programmes are delivered.
- Research and analysis of information for project development.
- Report writing.
- Supporting related bids for external funding.
- To work on other economic development initiatives as required.
Skills, Attributes and Experience
- A degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of economic development and the role of local authorities
- Partnership working
- Experience of developing funding applications, report writing and project management
- Good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to use Microsoft suit
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic and high profile team and would like to discuss the role further please contact Grant Thornton on 0780 166 4535 firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11 p.m. Monday 2nd August
Interviews: tbc week commencing 9th August
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer