At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people.
We have an opportunity for a full time Learning and Development Assistant within our busy HR team for someone who has the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
Who we are looking for
We`re looking for someone who:
- has previous office experience with basic knowledge of L&D.
- has strong administrative skills and is highly organised
- is able to work under pressure
- has amazing customer service skills and,
- has great communication skills to respond via telephone, email and face to face to first level enquiries relating to Learning & Development matters such as learning records and classroom events and queries from trainers.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an enthusiastic and `can-do` attitude who can make a real difference to our schemes and Head Office teams by being responsible for all administration to support the effective provision of all Learning and Development.
About the role
Your role will be responsible for providing administrative support, updating Learning Management systems, booking venues and training companies and processing invoices.
Youll ensure training rooms are set up appropriately, ensure catering is provided where required and provide monthly reports on Learning and Development activities.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact Samantha Culverhouse, Recruitment Manager on 01442 292277 or email@example.com
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £23,625 pa for a 35 hour per week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.