Job Title: Senior Rural Tree Officer
Salary Range: £35,745 - £39,880 per annum (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Hertfordshire County Council’s Rural Estates Team are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivating individual with an extensive knowledge of trees including pests and diseases to manage tree safety across the Property Team.
The Property Team manage a diverse portfolio of assets amounting to over 2,500 property holdings which help to deliver services including schools, libraries, fire stations, waste management sites, adult and children’s social care together with approximately 11,000 acres of agricultural land, recreation sites, woodland and operational assets.
You will be responsible for providing Arboricultural, Horticultural and Landscape maintenance expertise across the team and will take a lead role in developing policies and strategies for routine surveying and works to trees ensuring that they align with others across the organisation.
- Holds a Level 6 qualification – degree with honours or graduate diploma or degree apprenticeship or level 6 NVQ in Horticulture, Arboriculture and Landscape / Ground / Open Space studies or equivalent experience working within a similar role.
- Has passed the Lantra Professional Tree Inspection Course.
- Experience of managing a large tree stock.
- Ability to undertake tree inspections.
- Experience of managing contractors and works.
- Holds a full current driving licence.
- Day to day management of the Property Tree Inspection programme.
- Development and review of strategies and policies.
- Dealing with complaints and queries from varying sources.
- Creating and managing a framework of tree contractors.
- Day to day management of contractors.
- Managing a tree safety budget.
- Undertaking ad hoc tree inspections.
For an informal discussion or more information please contact Serena Aston on 01992 556240.
Closing Date: 25th July 2021
Interview Date: w/c 9th August 2021
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes