Job Title: Social Worker (Youth Justice)
Location: St Albans and Dacorum
Salary Range: £27,741 - £34,728 pa (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
The Specialist Adolescent Service Hertfordshire is a uniquely integrated multi-agency service delivering a range of interventions to young people and their families. These include youth justice orders, statutory social work to Children Looked After and family support/early intervention for family breakdown.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Specialist Adolescent Service as qualified social worker leading on statutory Youth Justice practice within the team.
*We are looking for a committed and dedicated team player to join our service
*You will be a qualified and HCPC registered Social Worker
* You will have a proven track record of quality practice
*You will have experience working with young people in the Youth Justice system as part of a multi-agency team, knowledge of the Youth Justice legislative framework and standards, undertaking Asset+ assessments and relevant interventions with young people subject to a court order, report writing and the court duty officer role.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Undertake structured assessments, supervision support and risk management with to children and young people subject to a Court Order
- Engage effectively with young people deliver appropriate interventions as responsible officer for an intensive intervention or court order, ensuring plans are robust and outcome focused and regularly reviewed.
- Manage a case load of young people who require youth justice interventions.
- Prepare reports for youth offender panels, court and other agencies or specialist services as required.
- Act as Court Officer as part of a court duty rota and participate in the Youth Justice Saturday / Bank holiday court duty rota
Work effectively with partner agencies including police health education and children services
To maintain accurate, comprehensive case management information using specified electronic database and complying with deadlines and statutory standards and requirements.
This vacancy is for a Youth Justice designated social worker within the SASH team, please complete your application with a youth justice focus in the personal statement /job outline
Closing Date: Sunday 1st August 2021
Interview Date: Monday 9th August 2021
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Vez Nani Team Manager on 014442 388755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org