Main Purposes of the job
- To clean designated areas of the academy to the highest possible standards.
- To supervise a team of cleaning staff, focussing on their performance in terms of standards of cleanliness and their behaviour whilst on duty.
- Ensuring a first rate cleaning service is delivered to all areas of the school so students and staff have a comfortable, clean, safe and well maintained environment in which to work.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Previous experience of managing a team.
- Previous experience in a cleaning environment.
- Ability to motivate staff.
- Ability to delegate duties.
- Good communication skills with all levels of staff.
- Ability to work as a team or independently as required.
- To identify and continually monitor levels of attention to detail within the team.
Duties and responsibilities
- To undertake the cleaning of designated areas of the academy and in the designated time. The areas to be cleaned will vary according to needs of the academy and will be advised by the Site Manager/Assistant Site Manager as appropriate.
- To use cleaning materials as instructed by the appropriate person in charge.
- To operate cleaning machinery on soft and hard surfaces, e.g. vacuum cleaners and polishers/ buffers.
- To oversee the work of other cleaners; to support and hold to account to ensure strong performance of all.
Duties will include the following:
This is a working supervisory role and will have a delegated assigned area to clean daily.
- Spot cleaning of spillages
- Wiping, polishing, dusting of designated areas
- Emptying and cleaning bins
- Cleaning toilets including sanitary fittings and surrounds
- Mopping and spray cleaning hard floor surfaces
- Straightening furniture and general tidying up of designated areas
- Replenishing supplies in toilets and inform housekeeper of any stock required for ordering.
- Checking and closing windows, switching off lights after work.
- Report all defects/hazards immediately to Assistant Site Supervisor
- During periods when the academy is closed, to plan and supervise deep cleaning schedules
- To work as part of a team and ensure all cleaning staff’s relevant cleaning tasks are completed in allotted time.
- To undertake broadly similar duties commensurate with the level of the post as required by the appointed person and if time allows
- To ensure all cleaning staff adhere to all the agreed academy policies and ensure all cleaning staff adhere to cleaning, hygiene and health and safety legislation
- To actively participate in any appropriate training
- Assisting the Site Manager in developing cleaning programmes throughout the academy
- To liaise with Site Manager regularly and report on matters of staff welfare and concerns
Accrued annual leave will need to be taken during periods of school closure except in exceptional circumstances.
KAB opened in a superb building in September 2018 with 120 Year 7 students. KAB primary phase and KAO both opened in September 2019. As of September 2021, KAB will have Year N, Year R, Year 1, Year 2, and Year 7 through to Year 10 and KAO will have Year R, through to Year 4. Both academies are run cohesively sharing the same leadership, staff, values, curriculum, opportunities and expectations of excellence.
KAB and KAO are part of the King’s Group Academies MAT led by a team of former and current Ofsted ‘outstanding’ head teachers and Her Majesty’s Inspectors (HMI). Please note link to King’s Group Academies Vision and Mission - https://kingsacademies.uk/about-us/vision-and-mission/
King’s Academy Binfield and King’s Academy Oakwood are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Completed application forms should be submitted to Amber Walker: email@example.com or by post to: Amber Walker, King's Academy Binfield, St. George's Park , Binfield, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG42 4FS by midday on Thursday 5th August 2021.