Looking for a new adventure, professionally and personally? Could you lead the development and delivery of an ICTT & Cyber security strategy and the associated capability implementation plan? Are you a self-starter with expertise in current ICT & cyber security best practice and experience of developing and delivering bespoke programmes to uplift cybersecurity capabilities? If so, come and use your skills and knowledge to support the ambitious plans of the Falkland Islands Government (FIG).
A new senior role, you will be the first Chief Information Officer (CIO) in the Falkland Islands Government (FIG) and will be responsible for establishing the function and identifying and delivering an overall ICT Strategy and programme of cyber security improvements. You will report directly to the Director of Development and Commercial Services.
As the CIO some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Creation of a Falkland Islands Government (FIG) ICT Strategy, after a comprehensive review of all current Government ICT systems, architecture, policies etc. .
- Lead the delivery of the FIG ICT Strategy once approved, and delivery of new policies as required.
- Develop and deliver a programme of replacement of all key FIG databases.
- Creation of a Falkland Islands cyber security strategy and policies;
- Lead the delivery of prioritised cyber security capacity building initiatives;
Skills and Experience
We are looking for an experienced ICT & cyber security specialist who can develop and deliver an ICT & Cybersecurity strategy, and deliver a programme of replacement of FIG’s most critical databases. You will be required to develop an understanding of the cyber security risks to Critical Information Infrastructure on the Falkland Islands and to develop and deliver plans to mitigate the key risks.
You will be comfortable operating on your own initiative and setting challenging but realistic delivery targets in a remote environment. You will also be comfortable working in a political environment; able to brief and inform decision makers, and of working in partnership with other organisations as necessary.
You will meet the following essential requirements:
- An established and credible ICT professional, with at least 10 years’ experience within management of ICT and cyber security;
- Strong influencing and communication skills, able to build lasting partnerships and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Practical experience of successful development and delivery of ICT Strategy and ICT services
- Practical experience of successful delivery of cyber security capacity building projects at national or enterprise level;
- Experience of leading and managing business change at all levels within public and private sector environments;
- Experience of delivering solutions for management of data and systems for large organisations
- Experience of the application of cyber security standards within the public and private sectors;
- Experience of project management and delivery in a programme and project environment;
- Management of ICT accreditation activities.
Initial 2 Years Fixed Term Contract, with potential for extension by mutual agreement.
Salary Range £50K - £76k, per annum (depending on qualifications and experience).
25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
Flights Package for you and your dependents, including mid-term return flight home.
Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
Please note, successful applicants with Falkland Islands Status/Permanent Residence Permits will be employed on local terms and conditions.
Security Clearance will be sought for the successful candidate.
How to Apply
You can find out more about working here in the Falkland Islands and complete our online application form at www.jobs.gov.fk
Applications will be open until 15 August 2021 and applicants successful for interview will be notified within 3 weeks.
If you have any questions about this vacancy and how to apply, you can contact our HR team on email@example.com
Working in the Falkland Islands
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
Location and Environment
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.