HERO Plus Officer
£28,367 to £31,077
Full Time, Fixed Term - 31 March 2022
We are seeking a motivated and innovative person with extensive experience in either housing advice, preventing homelessness or supporting people with financial difficulties to join our Housing Advice Team. As a HERO Plus Officer, you will contribute to delivering innovative homelessness prevention services, through early intervention, to those at greatest risk of becoming homeless. Providing one-to-one support to customers on low income, on housing and financial issues, is a key part of this role, as well as working closely with housing advice officers to deliver Personalised Housing Plans to prevent and relieve homelessness under the provisions of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
This post reports to the HERO Team Leader, the successful candidate will work alongside the housing advice officers, and the accommodation services team to deliver and meet the Council’s legal obligations with fulfilling their statutory homelessness functions.
You will help customers to access welfare support, find ways to maximise their income including reducing debt and prevention of homelessness. The role will include working closely with customers and partners to find relevant local services, tailored to individual needs. You will maintain and update the key homeless prevention pathways, working with partners and colleagues to ensure the Council has the necessary housing options for successful sustainable outcomes.
You will demonstrate your ability to deal with emotionally challenging cases in difficult situations, dealing with cases that are complex and require intensive support whilst a sharp focus on the prevention of homelessness.
We are looking for someone with:
- An interest in providing high quality public services to the local community.
- Experience of working in Housing Advice, housing options and homelessness, making detailed homelessness decisions and providing detailed housing advice.
- The ability to negotiate with others and find solutions to complicated situations.
- High levels of ability working with IT systems and confidence in using Microsoft software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An interest in a role that is key to the effective operation of Sevenoaks District Council’s Housing Advice service.
If you are passionate about helping people and assisting those in housing need, and if you also thrive under pressure and enjoy team working – we want to hear from you.
What the council is really looking for is someone with a true customer focus, an understanding of what great customer service involves and a commitment to delivering outstanding results.
Closing date: 27 July 2021
Interview date: 5 & 6 August 2021