£25,060 - £28,030 per annum inclusive of all allowances
This post is 52 weeks per year, 35 hours per week on a shift basis, plus unsociable hours allowance
The School seeks to appoint a suitably qualified and highly motivated School Keeper, who will form part of a wider team of School Keepers, all of whom work alongside the Operations and Facilities teams at CLS.
The postholder will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day general operations and upkeep of the School. This role can be busy and physically demanding at times, therefore applicants must suitably confident about their ability to undertake this role.
The role requires regular flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, sometimes at short notice, including weekends, to facilitate the School’s busy internal events and external lettings program. [Additional hours are paid at a competitive overtime rate]. This is an essential part of the role and applicants should only apply if they can meet this requirement.
A key responsibility of the role as School Keeper is to drive the School’s minibuses and other vehicles. Applicants must hold a full clean driving license, with a D1 category.
Applicants must have excellent spoken and written English, as this is a customer-facing role and the ability to communicate proficiently is essential. A good understanding of Microsoft 365 (Word/Outlook) is desirable.
Applicants from a similar background and/or who are suitably qualified, who meet the requirements of the role, will be considered.
For more information about the role see the Job Description and Person Specification.
Benefits of Working at CLS
- A commitment to staff training and development opportunities with regular staff appraisals to reflect on professional development.
- Staff INSET days each term, delivering high-quality seminars catered to both support and academic staff.
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides caring, compassionate, and confidential advice on personal and professional concerns.
- Free yearly flu vaccinations.
- Access and use of sports facilities including the swimming pool and football pitches during school holidays and agreed times.
- Weekly staff gym circuits, running club and staff football sessions.
- Corporate gym discount with Anytime Fitness.
- Access to sports therapy consultations, advise and referrals for all staff.
- Free fruit, biscuits, tea, and coffee breaks during term-time.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Access to discounts at popular retailers including a Cheapside Card for local discounts within the Square mile.
- Automatic enrolment into LGPS pension scheme.
Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday 4 August 2021.
Interview Date: 16th August 2021, times tbc.
To apply, please visit the link below
Alternatively, please contact 020 7332 3978 (24hr answerphone) quoting reference number CLS110 if you experience any problems. A minicom service for the hearing impaired is available on 020 7332 3732.
Appointments are subject to satisfactory references, the receipt of an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate, medical clearance, confirmation of the right to work in the UK and overseas police checks where necessary. The schools undertake further checks as necessary including prohibition from teaching and management checks. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
City of London School is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
City of London School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and requires the same commitment from all their staff.