Grade 8 -£40869-£44,790 pa (plus 4k Market Supplement)
An opportunity has arisen for a Senorr Social Worker within Children and Adults with Disability (CAD) Service. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a multidisciplinary team that consists of Social Workers, Senior Social Workers, Family Support Worker, Short Breaks Assessors, Education Case Officers, Educational Psychologists and Advisory Teachers.
Our focus is on statutory processes and implementing services for children and young people 0-25 with a disability, services that reflect values and principles of Personalisation and Safeguarding in line with statutory requirements brought by the Children’s Act, Children and Families Act 2014, The Care Act and 0-25 SEND Code of Practice.
We have opportunities to work predominately with children and are also seeking a Snr Social Worker with experience and knowledge of Adult Social care to work with our young people taking them through to adulthood.
We are looking for dynamic professionals, passionate about keeping children and young people safe, helping them to achieve and supporting them and their families.
- The successful candidate is committed to developing the way we deliver services to children and families and is committed to the Personalisation and Prevention agenda as well as to working in a outcome focused and person centred approach.
- You will have a key role in ensuring social work contribution to Education, Health and Care plans and the delivery of short breaks.
- You will be supported in your role by Senior Social Workers and Practice Managers and we will enhance your CPD by ensuring your attendance on a free 15 day systemic family therapy training course.
- You will have a recognised Social Work qualification and post-qualification training, as well as excellent knowledge of current policy and practice.
- Your outstanding communication skills will be coupled with a proven ability to work collaboratively with multi agency partners and develop effective working relationships with a wide range of service providers.
- You will have experience of working with disabled children with some knowledge of Child Protection, Looked After Children and Child In Need Procedures. In addition you will need to evidence working directly with disabled children in supporting them to express their wishes and feelings and to participate in decision making to ensure compliancy with the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Kerry.Cattle@havering.gov.uk Telephone 01708431187
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Sunday 8th August 2021, however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
Please view Senior Social Worker Job Profile here