Employment & Learning - Sefton@Work
Fixed Term – December 2023 (potential for contract extension)
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of the local labour market, a background in welfare to work, careers advice or experience of supporting people with significant barriers to employment into work? Do you have experience of working in fast paced and target focussed roles?
If so, why not join our team. The Client Adviser post is a key role in supporting our clients who have been out of work for at least 12 months, to find sustainable employment through the new DWP Restart Programme.
We are looking for quality and performance driven Client Advisors who will deliver an excellent customer service for clients, playing a pivotal role in equipping them with the skills, tools and practices they need in order to re-enter employment.
Based from our office, with regular travel to outreach venues, our Client Advisors will manage a caseload of clients, ensuring they are supported and challenged appropriately to move towards lasting and meaningful employment. Following a diagnostic assessment, they will work through a comprehensive action plan in collaboration with the client to give them additional skills, identify transferrable skills and capabilities and building their confidence to return to sustainable employment.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying client’s goals, aspirations, and barriers to employment - facilitating appropriate short and long-term solutions and interventions as required.
- Monitoring ongoing progression of clients into sustainable employment whilst also developing their job search skills, strategy, empowerment and confidence.
- Identifying appropriate internal and external contacts to build, develop and maintain relationships as a source of referrals for clients.
- Establishing and managing relationships with employers, following up with both clients and the employer to gain interviews and ensure a smooth transition into employment and beyond.
- Accurate and timely recording and review of all client details and requirements for every intervention/contact.
- Ensuring that clients have an up to date and professional CV, supporting statement and covering letter, tailored appropriately for each application.
- Providing intensive job search support, guiding participants to register on appropriate jobs sites and ensuring their digital profiles are up to date and visible to employers.
- Supporting participants in preparing for job interviews, conducting mock interviews and assessment activity.
- Meeting all monthly performance targets and Key Performance Indicators
You will have:
- A minimum of NVQ Level 4 in Information, Advice and Guidance or equivariant OR relevant professional work experience and willing to undertake training
- Experience of working in a fast paced, evolving environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment or recruitment background.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and listen to others; building rapport with a wide range of clients, external networks and colleagues.
- Confidence in your ability to assess, mentor, motivate and coach individuals to progress towards their goals and be the best they can be.
- Great problem-solving skills and able to identify issues and implement appropriate solutions.
- High level digital literacy skills, and data accuracy skills, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and web-based.
We are particularly keen to hear from applicants with specialisms/backgrounds in welfare, money advice and health & wellbeing.
Sefton@Work acts as the key labour market intermediary for Sefton Council and has been working alongside Sefton residents and employers since 2003, offering a range of free and confidential job-related services to residents aged 16 years and above, as well as free recruitment services for local employers.
Our main aim is to provide a joined-up approach to regeneration, employment & skills by ensuring that local people receive the benefits of local investment and job growth in the area. Every day our teams help people improve their employment, skills, and wellbeing. We are person-led and passionate about what we do.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.