Our busy hospital social work teams support adults across a range of ages with physical disabilities, acquired brain injuries, chronic health conditions, older people and people with dementia.
Please check out our campaign page for more information regarding careers in adult social work
About The Job
Salary: Grade 9 £29,577 to £32,234 OR Grade 10 £32,910 to £35,745 depending on experience (market related supplement of up to £3,000 for Crawley)
Working Pattern: Full time 37 hours
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Crawley Hospital
Working as a qualified Social Worker in one of our busy hospital social work teams (Princess Royal, East Surrey and Crawley Hospital), you will manage a varied workload which includes assessments, reviews, safeguarding enquiries and mental capacity act assessments.
You will work with individuals, families, carers, groups and communities to implement care packages and monitor progress including working closely with partner agencies such as health. You will also report any allegation or suspicions of abuse of a vulnerable person to an immediate manager or supervisor and contribute to Safeguarding Investigations and adult protection planning where appropriate.
You will be required to maintain accurate records of all work undertaken and produce case reports and correspondence for a variety of audiences including meetings, conferences, court, panels and other agencies.
Experience and Skills
- Theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of social work. Good, up-to-date working knowledge of legislation relevant to the specialist area of the post e.g. The Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act.
- Good understanding of the necessity of working with partnership agencies including health, housing, learning, statutory, voluntary and independent sector.
- Evidence of good assessment skills, including the ability to ensure regular reviews and risk management with a variety of individuals, carers or families.
- Evidence of effectively prioritising work and meeting deadlines.
- Experience of working in partnership with those who access or need the service and maintaining a focus on the needs of the individual whilst handling conflict and disagreement.
- Experience of forming effective working relationships within a multi-agency / multidisciplinary setting.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Degree in relevant professional or equivalent qualification e.g. Certificate of Qualification in Social Work or Diploma in Social Work.
- Registration with the relevant professional registration body and responsibility for maintaining registration with that body.
- Valid, full driving licence.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
- A range of flexible working options.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03010 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Debbie Clay, Team Manager on 03302 228 650.
For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, please submit a CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to Social Worker England registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!