Salary: WA Scale 6, SCP18-22 (£24,984 - £27,041) Pro Rata Term Time Only
Hours: Monday to Friday, 08.00am to 16.00pm
Start date: 01 September 2021
Closing date: 15 August 2021
“Education is Success”
An opportunity to work in the only non-private Academy in London that offers both International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes at KS5
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. The Academy has gained national recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, and its aspirational and inclusive mission and ethos. Our longstanding 1:1 device programme allows WA to thrive as both an onsite and remote learning environment. As a member of the collaborative WA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of colleagues who are committed to continued professional growth and improvement of the student experience.
At Westminster Academy, we expect every student to be fully prepared for the opportunities and the demands of the adult world. During each child’s school career we place a strong emphasis on our ethos, “education is success” and our values: Honesty, Enterprise, Responsibility and Opportunity (HERO).
We develop all students in the habits of self-discipline and kindness, through preemption, consequences and support.
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide a cover service as directed by the line manager and assist with the education and care of the students in the Academy.
- They will ensure that students carry out curriculum tasks set by the teacher and assist students in understanding the nature of these tasks in order to minimise the effect of the teacher’s absence upon the students’ learning.
- Share our belief that everyone can benefit from and has an entitlement to high quality educational opportunities
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
- A commitment to staff well-being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events, Perkbox membership with associated benefits
- Great travel links
- A very supportive Senior Leadership Team
How to apply:
For further details and an application form, please click here: Vacancies
Please send your completed application form and confidential declaration to: email@example.com CVs are not acceptable.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service ch