TITLE OF POST: Electrician
SALARY: £35,000 - £38,000 per annum (DOE)
PLACE OF WORK: South East
Paramount Independent Property Services are looking to hire a Full time Electrician/QS to join our team working across the South East.
This position is varied and will involve responding to reactive issues, testing, carrying out planned maintenance tasks and installations as directed by our team. The role entails working independently at times but will also require a good teamwork ethic.
In this role you’ll take a proactive approach in resolving issues and maintaining systems within our ever-growing portfolio of residential properties in a professional, safe manner to our high standards, alongside our maintenance teams.
You will have good working knowledge of electrical systems and be able to conduct maintenance, fault-finding, diagnostics on existing systems, install new electrical systems including lighting, heating and full property testing to regulatory standards and to maintain those systems whilst upholding safety guidelines and complying with current practices and regulations.
Job role will include
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems to domestic electrical systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring
- Assess the parts needed for a job and place orders for those parts
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on domestic electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards including fire alarms and security systems
- Rewire faulty electrical systems such as lighting, heating systems and alarms
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building codes, and follows safety requirements
- Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction
- Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer question
- Install electrical systems to 17th/18th edition wiring regulations, including installing heating systems
- Provide professional assessments and advice for customers
- Demonstrate full familiarity with NICEIC requirements
- You will be responsible for the company NIC-EIC accreditation and ensuring all relevant insurances, assessments are in place
- Viewing, checking and uploading all Electrical Certification
- Preparing detailed breakdown of costs for all Electrical works
- Compiling sub-contract orders and their subsequent issuing to Contractors
- Carrying out cost and value reconciliation on all items
- Overseeing spend on in-house and sub-contract labour and material procurement
- Preparing Cost Value Comparison (Profit & Loss)
- Place and issue sub-contract orders in accordance with Group Policy and Commercial Best Practice to budget and within programme requirements
Skills essential /desired in this role.
- Good Communication Skills
- Full driving license is Essential
- Relevant Electrical qualification along with extensive “on the job” experience
- Experience in working within a Social Housing background is a plus
- £35,000 - £38,000 per annum (DOE)
- 20 Days annual leave plus BH
- Commercial vehicle
- Company fuel card
This position is available immediately. Please apply now.