We are looking for a competent Finance Admin Assistant who can provide robust admin support to our financial Services Team. We are looking for candidates with a positive attitude and a can do mindset. We want to be the best Finance team we can be and we also want to enjoy ourselves whilst we do it!
- Maths and English to level 2 (GCSE or equivalent)
- Good working knowledge of maintaining a Finance database and the use of computerised systems, including email, word and excel
- Experience of providing administrative support in a busy, customer focused office environment
- Experience of data entry with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Team oriented – able to work across a team to ensure team objectives are met
About the role…
The Finance Admin Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Undertake routine processing (e.g. journals, Accounts Payable and Accounts payable)
- Assist in the maintenance of the general ledger (e.g. reconciliations and correction of errors; closing of periods; suspense/holding accounts clearance)
- Utilise software packages such as Microsoft Office, to support the preparation of letters/spreadsheets to provide reports and assist in compiling information such as statutory returns and tracking expenditure.
The successful applicant will be a key part of a forward thinking and innovative finance team that provides professional accountancy services to support delivery of Financial and Corporate Accounting services.
The Finance Team have a number of opportunities which will allow you to develop your career and make a real impact on both the Finance team and the county of Rutland. Rutland is a small unitary authority which will give the right candidate great exposure to all aspects of the Council and lots of variety which will provide the perfect place to work and develop. If this sounds like an Organisation you would like to work for we want to hear from you….
RCC is working currently drafting a hybrid working policy which includes a mix of on site and home working for staff.
The Finance Admin Assistant interviews will be held week commencing 09 August 2021.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Andrew Merry, Finance Manager on 01572 758152 or at email@example.com
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758343 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will be sent out via email from the Jobs Go Public site. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.