An opportunity has arisen to join the enthusiastic and dedicated team at Birkdale Primary School. The Governors and Headteacher warmly welcomes applications to join our friendly, happy and thriving school.
We are seeking to appoint an energetic, skilled and caring KS2 Teaching Assistant (Level 2). This post is linked to external short term funding and will end on 31 December 2021 (unless funding is extended). The role will involve general learning support for 15 hours per week, 5 mornings, 9am to 12.
We encourage applicants to look closely at the job description and person specification. Applicants should clearly state relevant experience and qualifications. We are looking for someone who:
- Is enthusiastic and committed to making a difference
- Has a proven record of working with children or the ambition to
- Is organised, efficient and able to work in a busy environment
- Has a high expectation of care for all children and an understanding of school safeguarding requirements
- Has excellent communication skills at all levels, is a team player and has a desire to raise standards.
In return we can offer:
- Highly committed, talented, enthusiastic and professional staff
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- A committed and supportive Governing Body
- A happy and growing school.
The post will begin as soon as possible following the appointment of a successful candidate following interviews.
Closing date for applications is 2pm on Wednesday 1 September. Interviews will take place on on Tuesday 7 September.
Due to the nature of work the post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.