WISH Occupational Therapy Assessor
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Wokingham Borough Council for two Occupational Therapist Assessors to join our Adult Social Services Wokingham Integrated Social Health Team (WISH).
Wokingham Borough Council are based in Wokingham Town Centre. Wokingham is located in a beautiful part of Berkshire with great transport links to the M4 and M3 and were voted 10th best place to live in 2020 in a recent Local Authority report. We are forward thinking and embrace innovative ways of ways of working with our residents, partners and our staff.
We strive to achieve a culture of equality in all that we do both internally and externally across the Borough and promote a culture of respect, dignity and inclusivity where everyone can succeed, have the right opportunities and be rewarded for the work they do.
There is an opportunity to apply for the OT apprenticeship course if you meet the minimum entry level requirements by the university.
The purpose of the role is to provide assessments to adults with disabilities and their carers in order to facilitate independence within the community.
We are an employer that supports flexible working practices.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To manage a caseload of customers who have a range of health and social care needs and to assist Occupational Therapists within the team.
- To establish links with other health professionals, external agencies, voluntary and private sector providers to assist in meeting the needs of our customers and carers
- Support senior occupational therapists to provide a seamless service.
- To take an active role in duty systems as needed.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Understanding of the Care Act 
- Understanding of safeguarding
- Experience within a physical health and social care setting
- Understanding of reablement
- GCSE grade A-C equivalent in Maths and English
- UK driving licence
- 3 A levels or equivalent access qualifications (if you would like to apply for the OT apprenticeship course)
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join an excellent dynamic Team in the Social Services Department.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 7th September 2021
Interview date: Monday 20th September 2021
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. WBC is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please follow the link to the online Application Form. CV’s are not accepted.