London Borough of Waltham Forest
WF Traded Services
Waltham Forest Catering
School Meals Service
Area Catering Manager Temporary contract minimum of 12 months.
PO2: £34,884 - £37,722 (inclusive) plus car mileage
36 hrs per week
Are you an experienced multi-site front-line catering manager with school meals experience? Are you able to lead and motivate a team to deliver excellent quality, freshly cooked school meals and help develop and grow our business?
Looking to work in and contribute to a vibrant multi cultural community within a friendly supportive team?
We are looking to welcome 2 new Team members who can support us with the delivery of our High Quality school meals.
Waltham Forest Catering has a diverse progressive workforce reflective of the vibrant community we serve, we welcome and encourage applications from all .
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced, enthusiastic Area Catering Managers to join our progressive school meals team. You must be a catering professional, able to work on your own initiative and:
- Lead, motivate and develop the catering team to consistently deliver an excellent school meals service
- Have recent experience of managing a multi-site school meals service
- Be creative in planning menus and developing recipes to meet strict School Food Standards, nutritional guidelines and Food for Life Catering Mark Standards
- Have excellent communication skills, interacting well with a variety of people, including children & young people, headteachers, parents, school governors and catering staff
- Have experience of managing client relations and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Effectively manage income, profitability, food, labour and other costs within agreed budgets
- Be innovative in developing new income opportunities to increase sales
- Have a thorough knowledge of Health & Safety, Food Standards, Food Safety, HACCP and Food Information Regulations, and their practical application in school meals
- Have excellent craft skills and hold a relevant craft catering qualification
- Have experience of kitchen planning and good knowledge of current and new equipment
- Be fully committed to working and contributing as part of a team to achieve excellent outcomes and continuous improvement
- Be IT proficient
For an application form and further details please visit our website at www.walthamforest.gov.uk/jobs
For an informal discussion please contact Christine.email@example.com
This post is subject to vetting and a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and medical.