Are you a technician with experience of providing technical support in a stage environment? Do you have a good knowledge of Health & Safety practice including first aid, manual handling, electrical safety and working at height? Then read on!
We are looking for enthusiastic technicians to join our hard working and fun team. The Harlequin Theatre and Cinema is a premier entertainment venue for the Reigate and Banstead boroughs, providing a packed programme of latest release Cinema, Theatre, Musicals, Live Events, Comedy, Business Facilities and a host of other activities split across our two performance areas and a number of function rooms.
You will be responsible for working with incoming production teams on all aspects of their production and providing assistance with the maintenance and hire of equipment for both cinema and live events. You will also attend meetings both with internal departments and external production teams as and when required by the Technical Manager.
About the person:
- You will have previous technical experience, preferably gained in an arts environment, which may include all or a combination of stage, cinema and corporate function
- You will have good knowledge of or a willingness to learn aspects of theatre including but not exclusive to stage management, lighting design & operation, sound design and operation, cinema projection
- You must have proven knowledge of best Health & Safety practice, including but not exclusive to: First Aid, Manual Handling, Electrical safety and Working at Height
- You will have a flexible attitude to working hours incorporating the need to work evenings and weekends, both of which are frequently required in the position
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
Closing Date: 09 January 2022 @ 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.