Do you have a caring nature? Do you have experience of working with vulnerable young people? We are looking for a Passenger Assistant to work with students, their care givers and school staff to ensure students travel to and from school safely.
- You have experience of working with the public in a caring role
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You are committed to delivering a high level of customer service to clients and their families
As the Casual School Transport Passenger Assistant, your passengers will include children with special educational needs or disabilities, and you will be supported by a Driver during the journey.
About the role…
The Casual School Transport Passenger Assistant is responsible for the following duties:
- To look after the welfare of passengers from the moment they are collected until the time they are handed over to any acknowledged person on reaching the pre-determined destination
- To communicate effectively with the parent/carer of passengers regarding alterations of timings or other issues.
- To alert the driver of the vehicle and other passengers with regard to any transport, safety or care issues arising on the route
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The costs for the DBS will be paid for by us.
Please note the successful applicant for the role of Casual School Transport Passenger Assistant will be based at the Business Units at Oakham Enterprise site in Ashwell and will need to be able to access the site at all times.
The Casual School Transport Passenger Assistant interviews will be held week commencing 04 October 2021. Please note that this may be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Rutland County Council encourages a healthy work life balance and we welcome discussions regarding flexible working.
FIND OUT MORE
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Emma Odabas, Interim Senior Transport Manager on 01572 720923 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758343 or email us at email@example.com
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will be sent out via email from the Jobs Go Public site. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.