Arthur had a say in his future; you can have a say in how we work.
We provide children, young people and families with the right service at the right time. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
As an innovation authority, in 2017 we secured national funding to implement the Family Safeguarding Model. Our aim through using Motivational Interviewing, multidisciplinary group supervision and teams integrated with adult workers is to support families to remain together where safe to do so.
We promote relationship based practice and more time with children and families so if you have chosen social work as a profession and are passionate about improving outcomes for children and young people then join us in Family Safeguarding to contribute to a service that works with families to enable lasting change for children.
Bracknell Forest has a friendly, creative, and dynamic working culture that enables social work professionals to make a real difference for the most vulnerable.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our Children’s Social Care Teams…
We deliver high quality consistent social work that is supported through our comprehensive learning and development offer, driven by our passionate Principle Social Worker, and developed through good reflective supervision and peer support.
Our social workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with, excellent support from managers and colleagues across the department and expert guidance whenever they need it.
Our teams of qualified social workers and family workers have strong working relationships with partner agencies. They work with specialists in domestic abuse, mental health and substance misuse to enable families to receive the support they need to secure good outcomes for them and their children. Each team has a dedicated administration worker.
As we continue our Covid recovery journey; our main priority is to provide our workers with a secure physical and psychological base from which to work safely and effectively.
Further information about our Children’s Social Care and teams can be found in the application pack and here:
Children's social care jobs | Bracknell Forest Council (bracknell-forest.gov.uk)
Our workforce tells us:
- There is a supportive and approachable leadership and management team
- All teams offer each other good peer support
- Staff feel appreciated and their development is promoted
- Supervision is a priority; of high quality and routinely provided
This is an opportunity to join a Local Authority who were assessed by OFSTED as ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features in the last Inspection of services for children in need of help and protection, children looked after and care leavers in May 2017 which stated;
“…children benefit from effective relationships with their social workers, and their needs are well understood and planned for. The quality of direct work undertaken with children is strong, and the voice of the child is evident throughout their assessments and reviews, informing plans”
You will be supported to carry out the specific duties and responsibilities of the job…
- To identify the needs of children and promote intervention and safeguarding
- To work alongside other professionals and Adult Workers as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- To manage a caseload of Child in Need, Child Protection, Care Proceedings and Children Looked After
- To take part in the team duty system responding to concerns as and when they arise
- To make effective use of time and be able to prioritise workload, ensuring timeliness in visiting, report writing and other deadlines
- With the Supervisor, be able to set clear goals and strategies as part of individual and group case supervision
- To contribute to service development and learning of others
The roles we have available are challenging and interesting and will enable you to continually develop your skills and knowledge, as well as contribute to the ongoing improvement of the services and support we deliver.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Annual retention bonus, market premia and relocation package
- Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy, sell and bank annual leave
- Career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket
- Internal sports and social club opportunities with discounted leisure centre and gym membership
- Supermarket discount
- A comprehensive induction and excellent ongoing training programme
- Manageable and well supported caseloads
- Regular, reflective one to one and group supervisions
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Flexible working opportunities including working remotely with good access to high quality equipment and systems
What we’re looking for…
The children and young people we work with have told us they want social workers to:
- Be friendly, fun and energetic;
- Listen respectfully, take action and stick to deadlines;
- Keep promises, be accessible and on time
We are looking for practitioners who are talented, passionate and reliable. You will have current registration with Social Work England and have experience of working within the legal frameworks that support our work. As a team we would like practitioners who share our commitment to better outcomes for children, people who are organised and skilled in effective engagement of families.
If applying for a Senior Practitioner position you will have a highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice. Your skills and expertise will enable you to take the lead with the most complex situations and be able to support your less experienced colleagues. You will be expected to share up to date research and practice developments working alongside the Principal Social Worker.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience of working within the current Social Care System and Framework.’
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Applications will be shortlisted upon receipt and we will send you an interview invite if your application form is successful. As this is an ongoing advert, please note that vacancies may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process following a successful appointment.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about our vacancies. Please contact:
Family Safeguarding Team - Alan Guest, Denise McKay or Karen Chalcraft, Team Managers 01344 352020
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.