Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
If you're passionate about supporting Hillingdon's families to achieve their full potential, and have the skills required to support children, young people and parents to develop new abilities and skills, then this an ideal job opportunity for you!
The London Borough of Hillingdon has reshaped its Early Intervention and Prevention Services for families, and has established a range of targeted programmes for children, adolescents, young adults, and parents who need additional support to overcome challenges in their lives and progress towards a better future.
The Substance Use and Misuse Programmes unit supports family members who are experiencing, or affected by, substance misuse. Its services are delivered by a multi-disciplinary team of staff who deliver a range of informal education and therapeutic support activities that address the use and misuse of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal substances on a preventative and early support basis.
As a Programme Delivery Counsellor, you'll work within a team of specialist substance misuse practitioners delivering targeted services across Hillingdon, and have the opportunity to deliver an effective therapeutic programme offer, including individual counselling and group-based support services. You will receive a competitive salary, opportunities to progress, and a wide range of training that you can use to inspire Hillingdon's families to progress, prosper, and enjoy!
This is a part-time post, working 18 hours per week.
We are looking for dynamic and inspiring people, willing to commit themselves to the delivery of our programmes across Hillingdon. You will be an experienced counselling practitioner with a BACP-accredited qualification in counselling. You will be confident in the delivery of individual and group-based therapeutic activities, and able to see the potential in everyone you work with.
If you have the ability to work in a therapeutic context with adolescents, young adults, and parents, and you're a flexible team player, you'll find this an exceptionally rewarding way to use your skills and experience.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.