Farnborough Road Infant School
Inclusion Leader (SENCO), Full Time, Permanent.
Salary: Mainscale/UPS + TLR 2b
Farnborough Road Infant School, Farnborough Road, Southport, PR8 3DF Aged 2-7 years.
‘Learning, Caring and Achieving Together’
We are a large, well established, caring and happy school with a 2 year old and 3 year old Nursery provision and a Family Wellbeing Centre on site. We have a dedicated team of staff and governors who provide high quality education and an inspiring and stimulating curriculum whilst ensuring children have access to a safe, friendly and accessible learning environment.
Job requirements: Required for January 2022
The Governors of this popular school are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and committed Inclusion Leader / SENCO. Working as part of our Senior Leadership Team, with vision and creativity, you will make a significant contribution to the future development of the school.
Senior Leadership Role
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team to secure and sustain the highest expectations of teaching and learning throughout the school, contributing to a positive ethos for learning for all.
- To be accountable for the strategic leadership and management of agreed areas within the School Improvement Plan
- Support the school in their understanding of current and national initiatives through whole school training.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a positive school ethos, in which every individual is treated with dignity and respect and equal opportunities are actively promoted.
- Has excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills who will be able to lead, motivate and inspire others to achieve excellence.
- Can support the school in the effective deployment and Performance Management of Teachers and Teaching Assistants
- Identify key professional development needs of teaching and non-teaching staff, ensuring that these are addressed through coaching, mentoring or training in liaison with the Headteacher.
- Support teachers in their role while recognising the school’s priorities and concerns.
- Has energy, enthusiasm, a sense of humour and excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Role of the Inclusion Leader
- Is a skilled and experienced teacher with outstanding classroom practice, has the understanding and experience of supporting the learning of pupils and a strong track record in making an impact on their progress.
- Can raise standards of achievement and improve the quality of teaching for pupils with SEND using appropriate processes and intervention and re-direct learning if required
- Ensure positive progress towards defined outcomes through the design and delivery of targeted programmes of support
- Provide regular evaluation of outcomes and provision for SEN pupils and other vulnerable groups to the Headteacher, SLT and Governing Body which informs decision making, policy review and self-evaluation.
- Track pupil progress (SEN, EAL and Pupil Premium) and ensure their learning needs are met in the most effective way enabling rapid progress to be made in line with school and national expectations.
- Assist teachers in the production of efficient and effective SEN Support Plans that secure good educational outcomes and maximise learning.
- Maintain provision maps for individuals and groups of pupils. Prepare Case Studies to demonstrate impact of provision for target pupils with SEND and Additional Needs.
- Work in partnership with pupils and parents. Arrange and attend multi-agency meetings, prepare and apply for High Needs Funding and Educational Health and Care Plans (EHCP), meet with parents, make referrals, liaise with external agencies and map out provision.
- To liaise with link professionals and outside agencies to support staff training and innovative practice.
The successful applicant will be an experienced Inclusion Leader/ SENCO and will be required to hold or be willing to complete the National Award for SEN Coordination (NASENCO).
In return Farnborough Road Infant School can offer you:
• Children who behave well and are motivated to learn
• A school that wants to provide the very best education for its pupils
• A caring staff team who will help and support your development
- An enthusiastic and interested governing body.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Teachers Pension Scheme.
Closing Date: 12 noon Wednesday 22nd September
Shortlisting : Wednesday 22nd September
Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification are available to download from the links below.
Completed application forms to be returned to the Headteacher Mrs Jennifer Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are welcomed and will be arranged at convenient times. Please telephone the school on 01704 577637
Interviews: Thursday 30th September