Do you enjoy working in the Culture and Leisure sector? We are looking for a
Senior Assistant who is enthusiastic, motivated and can provide excellent customer service. As the Senior Assistant, Museums you will help us manage the operation of the Rutland County Museum and Oakham Castle.
- Educated to GSCE standard or equivalent
- Experience of providing excellent front of house and customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised with good record keeping and IT skills
- Creative with a keen eye for detail
- Able to work as part of a team and without supervision
- Staff management when deputising for Operations Manager
About the role…
The Senior Assistant, Museums manages the retail offer at the Rutland County Museum and Oakham Castle and, as such is essential for the operation of the Museum and Castle. The main duties also include:
- Provide a welcoming and inclusive front of house service, you will be the first port of call for visitors both in person and online
- Create and promote a successful retail offer, including ordering and managing stock and developing exciting new lines of products
- Work with colleagues to design and deliver engaging displays, activities and resources for our visitors
- Deputise for the Operations Manager as and when necessary
The Senior Assistant, Museums interviews will be held during week commencing 27 September 2021.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Find out more:
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Linda Healey, Operations Manager on 07920 782157 or at email@example.com or Robert Clayton, Head of Culture & leisure on 07970 232019 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758343 or email us at email@example.com
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will be sent out via email from the Jobs Go Public site. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.