Leading the way in resident managed housing Watmos' unique approach has put it at the forefront of transforming communities and exceeding expectations. We are seeking an outstanding and dedicated individual who shares our passion for improving people's lives.
Watmos has 3 housing estates in Lambeth with c.1300 properties.
This role will involve:
- Diagnosing property repairs, improvements, disabled adaptations, carrying out post inspections following repair work, completing general estate inspections and providing advice and support on repairs and property maintenance.
- Carrying out estate inspection checks to support our management and compliance on areas such as water hygiene, electrical, asbestos and fire safety across our three London estates.
- Ensuring our customers’ homes and neighbourhoods are safe and well maintained and adopting a ‘don’t walk past it’ approach to dealing with or reporting issues.
The successful candidate:
- Will have experience in construction or maintenance of housing repair/adaptation works, managing and monitoring contractors and the ability to diagnose faults and solutions to schedule works with our contractors, whilst making sure they work effectively and safely.
- Possess good written and verbal communication, interpersonal, organisational, I.T., problem solving, customer service and numeracy skills.
The Repairs & Maintenance Surveyor will be expected to work under minimal supervision requiring a high level of trust and reliability whilst using own initiative, good time management skills and making appropriate judgement where necessary.
- Organising repairs, improvements and adaptations providing advice and support and liaising with caseworkers and/or technical staff.
- Visiting clients in their own homes and assessing the works required, having regard to the clients’ choice and the needs of the property.
- Carrying out measured and dilapidation surveys as required.
- Responsible for carrying out regulatory checks in relation to legionella, asbestos, electrical and fire safety at the TMOs and Central Team.
- Utilising a proactive approach to health and safety, in particular fire safety in high rise and low rise buildings.
- Carrying out a proactive and preventative approach to ensure that communal areas are not neglected or misused and are maintained to a high standard.
- Carrying out and maintaining records for estate inspections to ensure good standards of housekeeping and maintenance are delivered.
- Completing written records following site inspections and escalating to the appropriate person if actions are required.
- Assisting the TMOs and Asset Management Team to ensure health and safety compliance is adhered to.
For further information please see our recruitment information pack.
Closing Date: Wednesday 15th September (23:59)