Domestic Abuse Partnership Officer
Fixed Term – 18 months
Full time 37 hours
RG6b, scp 28-31
£32,234 - £34,728
Our Housing and Communities Team are passionate about the people who live in our town; our vision is for everyone to have the opportunity to live in a good quality sustainable home within in a lively and thriving neighbourhood. We have bags of energy and enthusiasm and channel this by seeking to innovate and create opportunities that have a lasting effect on the communities in Reading and keeps them at the heart of all we do. We have a great track record in building strategic partnerships, successfully bidding for Government funding, major project delivery and being the best landlord in the town. Our work is rewarding, we change lives for the better by tackling homelessness, building new homes and strengthening communities.
We are seeking enthusiastic and creative individuals to work with us in a number of different roles. Although experience in the sector is desirable more important is an ability to learn quickly and the passion and desire to make a difference.
About the role
Reporting to the Community Safety Team leader in the newly formed Community Partnership Service, you will act as Reading’s Domestic Abuse Champion and support the delivery of Reading’s Domestic Abuse Strategy and the continuing development of Reading’s Domestic Abuse Partnership Board to ensure that Reading complies with the Domestic Abuse Act 2021.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Take a lead for the Council, Brighter Futures for Children (BFFC) and the Community Safety Partnership for Domestic Abuse and related issues such as violence against women and girls.
- Co-ordinate and support the work of the Community Safety Partnership and its sub-groups including the Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) and the Domestic Abuse Strategy Group.
- Work with partner agencies to ensure that Safeguarding issues remain central to all Domestic Abuse reduction initiatives within Reading.
- Take a lead for the Council and the Community Safety Partnership for Domestic Abuse and related issues including, but not limited to violence against women and girls.
- Support Reading’s Domestic Abuse Partnership Board deliver Reading’s Domestic Abuse Strategy and comply with relevant statutory duties relating to Domestic Abuse.
- Lead on the procurement and contract management of Domestic Abuse Services funded by Reading Borough Council and/or BFFC.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience working with partners from a range of agencies, including statutory and voluntary sector agencies, who has a sound knowledge of the Domestic Abuse and Violence Against Women and Girls agenda.
The following experience is required for this role:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent extensive experience in the field of domestic abuse, social care, health or safeguarding
- Experience of working in a domestic abuse or safeguarding related area.
- Knowledge and understanding of key domestic abuse related processes, such a MARAC and Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Able to lead multi-agency meetings and deliver across a range of partnerships.
- Experience of writing and presenting complex reports and delivery plans
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For a confidential discussion please email Stephen.email@example.com
Closing date: 20th September
Interview Date: w/c 27th September
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success