We listened to Lily and enabled her to life the life she chose.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track. It’s why our social workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with. We advocate for what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we are Bracknell Forest
What it's like working in our team...
Our role is to provide advice, information, support and care to people with long term conditions. Using a strength based approach, our aim is to help people remain independent or regain independence following illness or a change in circumstances. Our focus is not only on those who are deemed eligible through the Care Act 2014, but to connect people to their communities and social networks and to problem solve together.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To work as a Senior Social Worker as part of a multi-disciplinary team, connecting people and their families to their community/social network enabling them to live within their own communities and reduce dependence on long term care.
- To support in delivering and maintaining high standards of performance ensuring continuous development and supporting people to fulfil their roles to maximum effectiveness within allocated resources.
- Take responsibility for own learning, including mandatory and suggested training, and the training of students and identified staff.
- Take an active part in your own supervision and appraisal and to supervise and appraise allocated staff in accordance with the departmental supervision policy and council's appraisal policy.
- To take a departmental or team lead within a specified area of work as required.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and friendly working environment
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Agile working “from home and in the Community” supported by up to date IT kit
- A great office location with free car parking next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- Essential car user allowance and London Weighting
- Access to low interest car loan
- Generous annual leave entitlement (increases after 3 years)
What we're looking for...
We're seeking an experienced, registered Social Worker with 3 years post qualifying experience. You must be committed to supporting staff working with complex case loads, ensuring high standards of practice and enabling people to be connected to their community/social network and safeguarded from harm.
Interviews will be held on 1st October 2021.
Want to ask us a queston?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about ths role. Please contact:
Name: Mel Fleming
Job title: Assistant Community Services Manager
Tel: 01344 351485
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.