Peabody has an exciting new opportunity for a part-time Project Manager to join our Landscape Regeneration Team helping us deliver high quality landscape refurbishments across our estates. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £41,529 - £51,908 per annum.
This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
About the Project Manager role:
Working as part of a wider team you will support our refurbishment programme through the development and delivery of landscape projects and initiatives to agreed programme, budget and quality targets. As well as excellent project management skills you will have a good understanding of the landscape sector together with planning, procurement, consultant & contract management and associated regulations.
A varied and challenging role, we are seeking someone with excellent communication skills, a natural ability to problem solve and can build effective relationships across the business who is keen to work in a collaborative team and has a passion to make a difference.
Responsibilities of our Project Manager:
- Ensure the development, implementation and delivery of Peabody’s landscape regeneration objectives
- Support the delivery and development of plans and projects
- Procure and manage all necessary external consultants and contractors to ensure effective delivery of projects and planning permissions, within budget and timetable and ensure regular reviews are carried out to ensure variances are managed
- Ensure compliance and adherence to corporate practices and current applicable procurement and other relevant legislation to assure best practice methods are adhered to
- Create, manage and motivate the combined internal and external project teams, including consultants and stakeholders, to ensure effective delivery in accordance with the project objectives
- Manage projects and ensure risk and budget are managed proactively and fit with Peabody’s management processes
- Analyse project information in order to prepare required project reports clearly and efficiently, also making relevant recommendations
- Appraise delivery and project outcomes and ensure the provision of excellent customer service to all stakeholders in order to maximise customer satisfaction through best practice and lessons learnt
- Seek external funding for projects and comply with all sponsor reporting requirements
- Externally represent and promote Peabody effectively by creating a consistent, professional and positive image
- Lead and promote a positive health and safety culture in accordance with Peabody policies and procedures including any specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with this post, as directed in order to develop the role, achieve efficiencies and comply with changes in legislation or regulation
As our Project Manager, we are looking for:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Resilience under pressure and ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Active listening skills and the ability to interpret data, analyse and problem solve
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and in a team environment
- Collaborative and influencing skills
- High level IT skills (MS Office) and generally good technological awareness
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development
Closing date: Friday 24th September 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Project Manager, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST