About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Intelligence SQL Report Writer based at our Head Office in Hemel Hempstead. We`re looking for someone who has the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
This new and exciting role will join a small team designing, developing, testing, and maintaining reports using primarily Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. Working collaboratively to define and develop custom reports and dashboards that deliver real-time information to support the business needs for data presentation and visualization.
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
Who we are looking for
We`re looking for someone who:
- Will play a pivotal role in enhancing the business intelligence systems to help Hightown make better decisions and create solutions that turn data into knowledge.
- Have demonstrable experience of using SQL, SSRS and Visual Studio
- Develop and deliver a range of reports and present data in an engaging and concise manner to a range of audiences.
- Has advanced excel skills
- As well as technical skills you will require strong non-technical skills including, problem-solving, work prioritization, communication, and time management.
- Educated to degree level or possess a relevant qualification; you will be highly motivated, a quick learner and have a passion to make a difference.
You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting others.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
£37,110 pa for a 35 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes from our head office in Hemel Hempstead and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Business Intelligence SQL Report Writer job description.
Closing date: Friday 17th September 2021
Interview date: TBC