Lettings Assistant - 14 hours per week
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lettings Assistant to join our Tenant Services team, providing a highly professional, customer focussed lettings service to applicants for Hightown`s rented housing.
The Post Holder will:
- Provide a point of contact for applicants for general needs rented housing, and to Hightown tenants in relation to internal transfer applications
- Provide administrative support to the Lettings Officer in relation to tenancy terminations
- Advertise void properties and process applications
- Carry out property viewings
- Ensure all new build and void properties are let quickly and within target times
- To develop positive working relationships with key stakeholders including applicants and partner organisations.
- Experience of property letting in either the private or public sector.
- Experience of administration in a busy office environment.
- Knowledge of affordable and social rent products.
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills.
- Commitment to high standards of service to customers.
Car owner and qualified driver with access to own vehicle.
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate a compassionate, enthusiastic, respective and `can-do` approach.
You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting others.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
£9,415 pa for a 14hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes from our head office in Hemel Hempstead and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click `apply` below.
Closing date: Wednesday 15th September 2021
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer