Job Title: Day Service Support Worker
Location: Rickmansworth Day Service, WD3 8JF
Salary: £18,562 - £19,698 (£9.62 - £10.21 per hour)
Hours: 25 hours per week
Hertfordshire Day Services are for adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, physical disabilities, dementia and age-related conditions. The service provides friendly support and opportunities at a range of venues across Hertfordshire to help people to have fulfilled lives and achieve their goals.
Rickmansworth Day Service is for adults with learning disabilities. We are open Monday to Friday and are looking for x3 part-time Day Service Support Workers (25 hours per week) to join our team.
- Good communication skills
- Have an understanding of people’s needs
- Ability to working as part of a team
- Flexible, innovative
- Basic computer skills
Responsibilities also include:
- Implement the support plan for each person, this may include supporting service users with personal and/or intimate care, moving & handling, eating & drinking.
- Offering emotional support and encouragement to service users
- Contributing to the planning & delivery of a programme of activities linked to the Connected Lives model.
- Assist in identifying support needs with the individual themselves and how best these can be met. This will include discussion with others e.g. senior staff, professionals (social workers, community nurses) and family carers as appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate links with family carers, relatives, other professionals and agencies.
- Keep records of client contact in line with policies and procedures and maintaining rules of confidentiality.
In return we can offer you:
- Supervision, support and induction training which will enable you to gain the nationally recognised Care Certificate.
- A comprehensive range of training courses including the opportunity to work towards RQF qualifications
- Excellent Career Development
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
If you think you have what is required and you are ready for a very rewarding role then please apply now to find out more.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Bianca Lake or Beverley Barber on 01442 454460.
Closing date: 19 September 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 27 September 2021