We are a popular, mainstream community school, which is part of Rainham Mark Education Trust. The school had a good Ofsted Inspection in November 2019, and was recognised as being Outstanding in the areas of Behaviour and Attitudes and Personal Development. The key values held by our school community add to the success and inclusive nature of the school. These values are Enjoy, Achieve, Teamwork, Respect, Communicate, Independence and Resilience. The school has two integrated special provisions for a small number of children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder or Visual Impairment, who are taught in the mainstream classes with appropriate support.
Due to the expansion of the school, the Governing Board are looking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic primary school teacher to lead our Nursery sessions and be part of our friendly, dedicated team.
The successful applicant will:
• be an experienced qualified teacher who can demonstrate sustained outstanding classroom practice and a commitment to ensuring the best possible outcomes for all children;
• have a passion for inclusion and an understanding of a range of behaviours and needs, with a desire to make a difference to children’s lives;
• demonstrate a secure knowledge of EYFS curriculum and how children learn;
• be able to use assessment effectively in order to plan and adapt the Early Years curriculum and continuous provision;
• be able to use their own initiative, creativity and innovative ideas to motivate and inspire children, giving them memorable experiences;
• have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to establish positive working relationships with colleagues;
• liaise effectively with parents/carers, modelling very high levels of professionalism, commitment and integrity, whist being a friendly face at the door;
• have good organisational and time management skills and be able to lead the nursery team;
• be able to adapt the curriculum and environment to meet the needs of all children.
In return, we can offer you:
• amazing children, who are ‘Happy, Helpful and Hard-working’,
• experience of working across the primary range as part of a growing school,
• opportunities to develop your career and leadership skills through ongoing professional development, including the possibility of leading a core subject,
• the chance to increase your knowledge and understanding of SEND and inclusive practice,
• a supportive, dynamic and fun staff team,
• excellent grounds and facilities,
• a benefits package through the Trust, including Benenden Health Care.
This school is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS Check at the appropriate level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
A visit prior to application is highly recommended – please telephone 01634 338700 to make an appointment.
We reserve the right to close the application process early if enough applications have been received.
Happy, Helpful, Hard-working
Rainham Mark Education Trust