We have the opportunity for an Apprentice Youth Justice Worker to join the Youth Offending Team.
We offer a 24 month fixed term contract, during which we will work in partnership with a training provider to help you achieve a level 3 Apprenticeship.
The Youth Offending Team is a statutory service who work with young people aged between 10-18 years to prevent offending and reoffending. YOT Staff are an enthusiastic and a successful multi-agency team.
About the role of the Apprentice Youth Justice Worker
Although we welcome all applicants, we encourage applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds such as:
- Children in care (care leavers/Children in care)
- Young people classified as NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training)
- Young people with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability)
- Young people with physical disabilities
- Young people with mental health issues
- Young people from BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) backgrounds
- Young people who are identified as being at risk (e.g. supported by our Children & Family Services teams due to being a young carer, family drug or alcohol abuse)
- Youth people who have received support from the YOT
Young people refers to those under the age of 25.
You will provide additional support to young people seeking education, training or employment opportunities, also support young people seeking positive activities and linking to community resources. You will also have the opportunity to development assessment skills.
A full driving licence is essential because of the rural nature of the district. Our office are based in Newbury. You will need to work flexibly, including evenings and some weekends to ensure the service is delivered effectively and efficiently.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days per annum rising to a maximum of 32 days
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Stacey Clay, Operational Manager or Michele Clarke, Senior Social Worker on 01635 553600
Interviews are due to take place on the 6th October 2021.