We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner of Art to join our Creative Arts Faculty for the duration of maternity leave. The post will appeal to recently qualified teachers or experienced teachers with a strong track record and wishing to join a dynamic and supportive team, committed to the pursuit of excellence in the teaching of Art, Craft and Design.
The successful candidate will have experience of teaching Art at KS3 and 4 and there will be the opportunity to teach KS5. They will be teaching in their own classroom with excellent facilities, be a motivated and positive team player with a determination to ensure all pupils and students succeed.
The Creative Arts are highly valued subjects at the academy and are popular with our pupils and students. Our vision in Art is to provide pupils with a broad based and all-inclusive education in art, craft and design that sparks their interest in the wider context of art movements, artists, designers and craftspeople from around the world in both contemporary times and historical periods.
Through the teaching of the curriculum and by providing opportunities for independent study, we aim to encourage confidence, creativity and individuality in our pupils and students. Art is a popular subject at GCSE and A-Level and we have a high percentage of pupils who achieve grades 5 and above at GCSE and students who achieve high grades at A Level.
Start date: 04/10/21
Drapers’ Academy has much to offer:
- All staff receive an iPad
- A clear vision for our school to deliver high standards of education for its community
- State of the art campus surrounded by acres of countryside
- An environment that promotes innovation
- A well-equipped gym for staff use after school
- Committed and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Our own 6th Form dedicated to A Level teaching
- Membership of the Havering Teacher Training Partnership to support NQT induction, teacher training and CPD of staff at all levels
- An employer who invests in the development of their staff with a commitment to your ongoing professional development
- Close proximity to the M25 (Junction 28, Brentwood) and the A12 for ease of access from London, Kent, Essex or Hertfordshire and ample secure on-site parking
- Short bus journey from Harold Wood (Cross Rail) train station
- Committed sponsors – The Drapers Company and Queen Mary University of London
Drapers’ Academy is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
To find out more about Drapers’ Academy or our Trust, please visit: www.drapersacademy.com or www.drapers-schools.com
For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 3pm on 20th September
Interview date: 24th September
Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references.