Islington and Shoreditch Housing Group (ISHA) is a community and neighbourhood-based Housing organisation managing and developing quality affordable housing for people in North and East London, and building more homes in Hackney, Islington and Waltham Forest.
Senior Project Manager
Starting salary £43,599 - £46,536 (including London weighting)
(Starting salary will be based on experience within the salary scale range).
Working as part of the Programme Delivery team, this role will project manage new build schemes from post planning stage through contract signing to practical completion, end of defects and final accounts stage. It will also co-ordinate project teams of consultants, developers, contractors and others and will liaise as necessary with the GLA and Local Authorities as well as other relevant bodies to ensure that schemes are developed and completed in accordance with relevant funding and procedural requirements.
You will have excellent understanding of the development process, good working knowledge of JCT Design and Build contracts and experience of project managing schemes ideally within a Housing Association development setting. Strong numeracy, communication, liaison and negotiation skills are essential. Detailed knowledge of GLA or Homes England grant funding procedures would be desirable.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Knowledge and experience
- Detailed understanding of the housing development process
- Knowledge of Grant funded schemes e.g. GLA or Homes England Funding programme
- Experience of project management
- Knowledge and understanding of appraisal and cashflow management systems in development
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of JCT Design and Build Contracts
- Minimum 5 years' experience
- Good communication and liaison skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to co-ordinate the work of project team
- Excellent organisation and record keeping skills
- Ability to effectively plan workload and follow up outstanding tasks
- Ability to chair meetings effectively
Core requirements – our values and behaviours
Passionate commitment to customers:
- Go the extra mile
- Willing to adapt in response to feedback, open to learn
- Listen to understand what customers need
Pride in Team ISHA
- Aim to get it right first time, learn from mistakes
- Share skills, knowledge, encourage and support others
- Celebrate success
Trusted to make the difference
- Take ownership and responsibility. Do what we say we’ll do
- Take control of our own personal development
Respect for everybody
- Considerate and honest
- Work well with diversity
- Punctual, prepared, polite
- Ask questions, want to learn more
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 21 September 2021
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 4 October 2021
Successful candidate will be asked to attend handover meeting(s) week commencing 25 October 2021.