There has never been a better time to join Birmingham Youth Offending Service and there are several exciting opportunities now available.
Birmingham Youth Offending Service has five multi-agency area-based case management teams across the city: a city-wide alternative to custody in its Intensive Supervision and Surveillance (ISS) Team; a Court, Bail and Remand Team, a Female Gender Specific Team and a Harmful Sexual Behaviour Team.
In addition to statutory partners, the Service benefits from specialist officers, including Restorative Practice Workers, supporting victims of crime; Parenting Workers, offering individual and group work support to parents and carers; an Accommodation Officer; specialist Autism Worker; Substance Misuse Case Workers; Speech and Language Therapists (SALT) and Training and Employment Mentors.
We are looking to further enhance and strengthen our offer across the city, and are looking to appoint a number of positions within the service.
The Service is on a significant improvement journey to support the achievement of better outcomes for children, families, victims of youth crime and communities. Successful applicants will be joining an organisation and service committed to continuous improvement; striving to deliver excellence and embracing best practice, innovation and research.
As a valued member of the service you will have a key role in supporting reform, contributing to the setting and delivery of strategic priorities and ensuring the smooth and efficient delivery of services.
We are looking for individuals:
- who are passionate, motivated and enthusiastic about delivering high quality services to children, families and victims
- with experience and skills matched to the relevant job description and person specification
- with a desire to work with and alongside others, to learn, innovate and deliver improvements
In return you will receive:
- Competitive rewards, including salary
- Generous Annual Leave allocation
- Various additional employee benefits
- Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A commitment to your personal learning and development
- Excellent career progression opportunities
To find out more about 'Our Offer' to you, please click HERE
Come and join us on our improvement journey and help us to ‘be the best we can be’!
Interviews held between 18th October and 5th November 2021
If you are interested in having a conversation about any of our vacancies, please contact BirminghamYOS@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk and let us know what role you would like to discuss further. A member of the leadership team will be in touch.
Exact job location to be confirmed.